Blogging is a continuous learning process; we learn from our endeavours and we learn from experiences shared by others. Over the past few months, I have consistently improved my blogging skills from experiences shared by others and content which are impactful. Here is a list of top 10 blog posts and articles which have influenced my learning and helped me define a direction for myself.
- “15 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started My First Blog” – Neil Patel
- “Your Matter” – Seth Godin
- “The One Thing Gurus Always Get Wrong About Blogging” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Blogging for Dollars – It’s Not Just a Hobby” – John Chow
- “The Art of Being Interesting” – Jonathan Morrow
- “Will Your Blog Ever Be Profitable Enough to Support Your Family?” – Ramsay Taplin
- “Why Good Unique Content Needs to Die – Whiteboard Friday” – Rand Fishkin
- “Are You Creating Meaningful Content?” – Brian Clark
- “You Won’t Believe These 10 Millionaire Facts” – Timothy Sykes
- “The True Story Of My Overnight Success” – Michael Dunlop
If you have any blog posts that has made an impact on you, please do share with me here. Great blog posts are a great source of inspiration.
If you love reading my posts and would like to get updates from me just Sign Up for my subscriber list.
The weekend is here and I was thinking, it would be a good idea to wrap this week up with some quotes for inspiration and motivation. As bloggers we all know how important content is and how essential understanding content marketing is. So, I just created a list of quotes from some of the best content marketing gurus right now. I firmy believe that these quotes will help us to move in the right direction and keep us motivated to create amazing content.
- Seth Godin – “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make but about the stories you tell.”
- Brian Clark – “Content Marketing is educating people enough to do business with you.”
- Ann Handley – “Quality content means content that is packed with clear utility and is brimming with inspiration, and it has relentless empathy for the audience.”
- Jay Baer – ” It’s not enough to create great content. You have to -market your marketing.”
- Neil Patel – “Create content that teaches. You can’t give up. You need to be consistently awesome!”
- Rebecca Lieb – “Content strategy is the infrastructure of content marketing. Without answers to “Why” & “How” the result is chaos.”
- Lee Odden – “If you want your content to be great, ask your community to participate.”
- Joe Pulizzi – “A blog post is like a miniskirt … it needs to be long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to keep it interesting.”
- Marsha Collier – “Content-based marketing gets repeated in social media and increases word-of-mouth mentions; it’s the best way to gather buzz about a product.”
- Mark Schaefar – “Creating great content is not the finish line. It’s the starting line.”
- Scott Abel – “Adapt to your customer’s needs. They expect it.”
- Pratik Dholakiya – “Be Human. It’s the one trait you and all your customers have in common.”
- Robert Rose – “Marketing is telling the world you are a rockstar. Content marketing is showing the world you are one.”
- Joe Chernov – “Your top of the funnel content must be intellectually divorced from your product but emotionally wed to it.”
- Arnie Kuenn – “It takes courage to give away something of value without the expectation of immediate return”
- Mari Smith – “Content is king, but engagement is queen and she rules the house”
- Jon Buscall – “Content marketing is a commitment not a campaign.”
- Andy Crestodina – “When creating content, be the best answer on the internet.”
- Gary Vaynerchuk – “If you are not putting out relevant content in relevant places. You do not exist.”
- Cyrus Shepard – “Focus on providing better answers for your audience.”
- David Ogilvy – “Do not … address your readers as though they were gathered together in a stadium. When people read your copy, they are alone. Pretend you are writing to each of them a letter.”
I hope, you will understand the essence of each quote and use what ever you learn from them in your blogging, business or other endeavors.
If you have any quotes to add, share it in the comments I will update this list. Also, you can follow these Social Influencers on twitter for daily inspiration.