Okay, So we all agree that Facebook is the largest social network in the world right now. Like me, there are many people who use facebook both for staying connected with family and friends and also to promote their blogs, websites and content. I personally believe facebook is one the best networks to promote our blogs. Let us look at some statistics which will support my beliefs.
- How many people use Facebook globally? 1.55 billion monthly users and growing
- Daily number of Facebook users? 1.01 billion active users ( Imagine the exposure you can get)
- Percentage of Facebook users who access Facebook daily: 65% ( This is insane!)
- Average time spent on facebook by active users: 20 minutes
So anyone who disagrees with me on facebook being a great place to promote our blogs may have to eat humble pie. You can take a look at some more Facebook Statistics if you aren’t convinced. Hence, facebook appears at the top of my list for marketing my blog and here are 15 tips which will also help you to leverage Facebook for marketing your blogs.
- Be Real: Facebook is a place for real people, be the real you and connect with your audience on an emotional level. Use real names, have a completed bio and use simple language.
- Get proactive: Once you are on facebook and have your page or group ready, reach out to your target audience. You can’t expect them to come to you. Connect with influencers and build relationships which will help you in your promotions.
- Like and comment on other pages: If you want an audience for your posts and your blog, go ahead and like other pages. Comment and communicate with them and add value. This will bring your blog or website into notice and help you build your network.
- Inspire and motivate: Share motivational and inspirational messages and images on your page, profile, and groups. Research has shown that they get the most likes and helps build a bond with your fans and followers.
- Humor can never go wrong: Share humorous anecdotes, memes, images, and videos. An occasional post or meme of cats and dogs will lighten the mood. Humor is the biggest seller on facebook, use it.
- Share your blog posts: Share your blog posts as soon as you publish them on your page. Your followers are your target audience, encourage them to read and share your content.
- Create a buzz around your upcoming post: Write a brief excerpt about your next blog post, generate interest before you even publish.
- Produce and post Videos: Videos posted directly to facebook or via YouTube has a high engagement rate. Go ahead, get creative and post videos relevant to your nice. be unique and original.
- A picture can tell a story: Images have a better visual appeal than plain text, so use big, interactive images and infographics on your page or posts.
- Leverage your cover photo: Cover photo on your facebook profile, page or group is one of the first things your connections will notice. Use this area as a notice board to announce your Top blog posts, your latest post or offering.
- Do not forget to use CTA buttons: Quite recently facebook started some amazing call-to-action buttons for pages. You can use the sign-up button to generate leads and create an email list for your blog.
- Go premium on your group: Create a specific group for your target audience. Use this group to share premium tips and tricks with your groupies. This will encourage people to stay and invite others to join.
- Use the Facebook social plugin: If you have a facebook page, get the social plugin to display on your blog or website. This will help your visitors to like your page without actually visiting facebook.
- Create a barrier around valuable content: Now, this is a cool idea which I read about recently and I am yet to implement. But, I think it is a wonderful concept. What you need to do is create an attractive call to action before your audience can reach the actual content ( CTA can be like before accessing)
- Be helpful: Though I have put this at the very end, I think this is one of the most important things to do. Share updates which will be helpful for your fans and followers. This will get you maximum shares.
I hope these tips will help you to get some leverage on Facebook. Also, do let me know if something else has worked for you.